Decision Day
Deciding a program was difficult. InDesign offered many features that were new and eye catching to me yet, Premier Pro was my choice. The fact that I could make my own movie, design, and edit it made me choose Premier. When practicing the software, I noticed the VR editing, the VR audio editing, motion graphic template, effects, and graphics of the software. I want my film to tell a story and “Technology supports a wealth of storytelling options and can be used to create digital book reviews, digital puppet shows, and even movies with green screen and video-authoring apps.” (Cherry, 2017) In order to get my story across to the viewers I know it would have to follow the 4 C’s, “critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity.” (Cherry, 2017) Critical thinking would be making my story, its plot, setting, and characterization. Communication and collaboration would pair with my actors and I communicating opinions on how certain scenes should play out and collaborating on the ideas and thoughts for each scene. Lastly, creativity would be the feature that separates my story from others. Creating a magazine would be very appealing to me. I take interest in the amount of concentration and effort it takes to make one, especially an online magazine. Technology is the face of our world today. It helps us stay updated around current events, news, etc. An online magazine is a great representation of using technological advancements to stay in touch with reality. Magazines cover various subjects “written for an online environment and they are brilliant there, which is why it's so exciting to think about the directions the Internet is going to push literature.” (Franklin, 2011) yet the thought of making my own film overcame my desire to make a magazine. Filming is challenging and time consuming and I enjoy something that will keep myself occupied. When watching a movie certain features significance puzzled me such as cut scenes or transitions, when making this film I can determine the significance of features on my own. InDesign and Premier Pro both seemed promising but Premier Pro won the battle of my debate. I wonder if there were any more apps, I could utilize to make my film apps that I could use certain tools that Premier Pro does not offer. Overall, I am excited to begin using a program I have never used before. Initially I thought if I were to make a film, I would have to get a camera and buy all the software programs that are needed. Programs such as iMovie or After Effects were apps I used to paste clips together but Premier Pro gives me that, editing, color contrasting and so much more.
Comments
Post a Comment