Peer Pitch & Concept Refinement

 

CATEGORY

DETAILS

Film OR Magazine

Film

Genre

Action and Thriller

Target Audience (Be specific)

Action lovers and Thrill seekers

What is your concept? (Be thorough & specific. Review the links on Blackboard)

My concept is two teenage siblings who are well known and wanted criminals undergo a stage 7 hurricane which is picking up and dropping everything with it. While trying to stay alive due to the hurricane they also have to worry about the thousands of people who are aiming to collect the bounty on the siblings. The bounty is worth 2.4 billion and it’s amazing what these people will do for that kind of money.

How did you conceive the idea for this concept?

Hurricane’s always took an interest to me, so I wanted to make it into a film along with throwing the thrill of children “on the run”

What do you believe is unique about your concept?

The fact that hurricanes aren’t a typical movie style and if there are any, they aren’t great sellers.

Why do you believe this product will be of interest to your audience?

The thrill of the teenagers being chased by the entire west coast of Florida while in a hurricane perfectly fits the description of Action and Thrill.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FEEDBACK RECEIVED FROM PEERS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next time it rains make sure to film!!!!



While introducing my “pitch” to the class I took the feedback they gave me as a unit and sat and thought about it. My peers enjoyed my concept wh
ich is a film on a hurricane and fugitives yet, they suggested that I should’ve tried filming while it was the raining season. This feedback is heavily true and totally bypassed me while creating this concept. I also typed this concept while it was raining giving me an even bigger burden. This heavily impacted my vision and made me want to change my concept yet, I’m going to wait it out and hope that I can get some rain eventuallyWhen dawning on the thought process of the idea I look back on why I wanted to do this film, which would be considered an action and thrillerAccording to The Numbers, action is second on the list of top grossing genres bringing in a whopping $47,320,551,189. Not only does it bring in a lot of money but who doesn’t personally enjoy watching a good action movie. Hoping my movie concept will be good I turned to the article, Exploring the role of meaningful experiences in users' appreciation of "good movies" which is where I learned that not only should people think my film is good but, enjoy it as well. Both reactions seem to uniquely contribute to a positive evaluation of the movie. They also seem to profoundly influence whether a movie makes a lasting impression on its viewers.  It’s clear these reactions are also influenced by the theme. Theme is thought to be an essential part of any movie yet, in the experiment the article mentions it is noted that some viewers didn’t give much attention to theme but just enjoyed the movie without giving much thought into it and looking at the bigger picture. It is mentioned that “many participants noted that rather than encouraging them to reflect about life, pleasurable films provided them with the means of escaping or forgetting about their lives.” My goal ultimately after reading this was to not overthink a theme so viewers won’t have to neither. The film should be an escape from reality so viewers can imagine rather than relate. Since the film's genre is action, strive to make my viewers place themselves in the characters shoes then trying to think about a bigger picture thus, having more excitement when watching. I see a theme in the process overall which is to not overthink. Looking for a moral is not always a solution but to live in the moment and enjoy it while it’s there is my solution. My viewers will not realize this from the movie, but hopefully they realize through life and not a movie.  

Comments